[Az-Geocaching] Best Route

Lisa G. lisasjunk at buppas.com
Wed Jun 20 06:45:44 MST 2007

I grew up in central Texas (similar to Florida in this example), and
looked forward to less mugginess and being able to get out of the heat
here.  What I wasn't really prepared for is how *long* the summer here
is...temps in the 100s for 6 months out of the year, and still quite
warm for a month or two on either side of that. I don't do well in the
heat at all, so the summers are very rough on me (you won't find me
snapping the same shots that ShadowAce did <grin>).  And I can only
realistically drive away from the heat a few times a year (less now with
gas prices along with job troubles).  I try not to comment on how much I
hate the heat because I don't want to sound like a whiner, but it really
is something to think about if you think it might be a concern.  I had
the opportunity to move to Prescott years ago (when housing was still
very affordable) and I very much regret that I didn't do it.  I think
I'd do much better living in one of the "less hot" areas of
AZ...Flagstaff would be the best.  Job opportunities don't necessarily
line up though. :)

To the insulated boots comment...I clearly remember standing out in the
Motorola parking lot one very hot and sunny summer afternoon when a
coworker stopped me to chat.  After a bit of time passed, I had to
excuse myself because my feet were literally burning on the bottom (and
I was wearing shoes with reasonable soles on them).  I've never had that
problem while walking and I never choose to just stand in the hot sun
(esp. not in a blacktop parking lot!), however.

-Lisa
"PoledraDog"