[Az-Geocaching] GC57 - documentation question

Steven Stringham Steve at stringhams.org
Mon Jun 18 05:42:24 MST 2007

The history is what I am aiming for. I really enjoyed reading the logs.
I think it is great that the original log book is still there. There are
logs from people from all over the world in there (though I concentrated
on photos AZ cachers).

I sent a couple of pages to Brian Casteel. (his, the first log, and one
other). Here was his response:
     "Man, I've certainly come a long way in my adventures in caching.
September 2, 2001 was only a few weeks after I started.  How cool!
Thanks for sending me the pics.  That rocks."

I looked at Dan Rich's profile. He has two caches (one being GC57). He
has only found 10. He has not logged in to the site for over a year. I
would not concider this an active cacher. Yes, he owns the cache. And,
yes I respect that. I sent an email to him (through the site) asking if
I could post them. We shall see what the response, if any is.

The respect for the cache owner is why I asked the original question.
For those of you who have found the GC57 site, would those pics of the
log book be of worth? Maybe. I sure enjoyed the reading. Also, for those
who found it long ago, are the later logs of interest? Maybe.

If this were any ordinary cache, I would be less likely to go through
this trouble. This one, though. I find to be more interestingly historical.

I did get an offer from Snaptek to host the pics on the AZGC site. Would
this be appropriate?

What say you all?
Steven Stringham
StringCachers