[Az-Geocaching] RTW

barry.neely at prudential.com barry.neely at prudential.com
Wed Feb 9 16:43:50 MST 2005

You did good. I tried the bidding thing but it got high fast. And I had
found the one on Amazon.com. The base set of maps that comes with the unit
is not all that detailed. I have the Garmin mapping software, MapeSource
Roads & Recreation and TOPO, and down load that and I have much better
details. The down side is that they have not updated the road info in a
while. So my street is not on it.  So that is why I am looking about. I
want to do the AZT and someone create one that you need the national
geographic topo software to use it. That I did buy on ebay and saved $20.
They want $99 + tax in the store and I got it for $79 and $8 for shipping.
Microsoft puts out Streets and Trips for only$25 or so. I have got to play
with it a bit.

              Robert & Linda Smith <Lrsmith at cableone.net>
                                                                  To:                                         listserv at azgeocaching.com
              Sent by:                                            cc:
              az-geocaching-bounces at listserv.azgeocaching.        Subject:   Re: [Az-Geocaching] RTW
              com

              Wednesday February 9, 2005 04:34 PM
              Please respond to listserv

Barry,

Thanks for your input..  I did find a 60C on Ebay with a low starting
bid.  I sent in a bid and got the unit at a lower price than my high
bid.  $346.99 to be exact, then added $8.00 shipping and $5.00 for
insurance.  At least it was a little better than the MSRP at our local
outlets..

I don't know, yet, if I will need mapping software.  I want to use it
for Geocaching only for the time being.  Will have to see how it goes..

Bob Smith, Team Petite Elite