[Az-Geocaching] Use of Geocaching.com for commercial solicitation

David Thompsen listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 28 May 2004 15:42:22 -0700 (PDT)

--0-2124085525-1085784142=:9506

Ken... (Highpointer)... I know you read the listserv.  If you are indeed in any way even perpherally responsible for this, and I use the word IF to give you the benefit of the doubt...

... You have sunk to a new low.  Before, your long list of  strange and inexpicably rude actions have been confined to Geocaching itself.  This is way outside the lines.

I can only hope that you are not this stupid, and that this jackass acted independently.

Dave, Team Cow Spots

SquishyGecko <squishygecko@yahoo.com> wrote:
This morning I received a telephone call from someone named Ron Adams,
stating that he was doing a "character reference" for Highpointer. After
returning the call and informing Mr. Adams that I had never met Highpointer,
he proceeded to state that Highpointer had told Mr. Adams that I was married
with two children, then attempted to sell me an insurance policy.

Not only do I consider this a gross misrepresentation on the part of Mr.
Adams, but a gross violation of my privacy by Highpointer. I will be
contacting Geocaching.com to determine what violations of Geocaching.com
regulations may have been committed by Highpointer. I strongly encourage
anyone else who receives such a call to ask Mr. Adams to add you to his "Do
Not Call" list, and then report the incident to Geocaching.com.

---

Arizona's Geocaching Resource

--0-2124085525-1085784142=:9506

<DIV>Ken... (Highpointer)... I know you read the listserv.&nbsp; If you are indeed in any way even perpherally responsible for this, and I use the word IF to&nbsp;give you the benefit of the doubt...</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>... You have sunk to a new low.&nbsp; Before, your long list of &nbsp;strange and inexpicably rude actions have been confined to Geocaching itself.&nbsp; This is way outside the lines.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I can only hope that you are not this stupid, and that this jackass acted independently.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Dave, Team Cow Spots<BR><BR><B><I>SquishyGecko &lt;squishygecko@yahoo.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">This morning I received a telephone call from someone named Ron Adams,<BR>stating that he was doing a "character reference" for Highpointer. After<BR>returning the call and informing Mr. Adams that I had never met Highpointer,<BR>he proceeded to state that Highpointer had told Mr. Adams that I was married<BR>with two children, then attempted to sell me an insurance policy.<BR><BR>Not only do I consider this a gross misrepresentation on the part of Mr.<BR>Adams, but a gross violation of my privacy by Highpointer. I will be<BR>contacting Geocaching.com to determine what violations of Geocaching.com<BR>regulations may have been committed by Highpointer. I strongly encourage<BR>anyone else who receives such a call to ask Mr. Adams to add you to his "Do<BR>Not Call" list, and then report the incident to Geocaching.com.<BR><BR><BR>---<BR>Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.<BR>Checked by
 AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).<BR>Version: 6.0.691 / Virus Database: 452 - Release Date: 5/26/2004<BR><BR>____________________________________________________________<BR>Az-Geocaching mailing list listserv@azgeocaching.com<BR>To edit your setting, subscribe or unsubscribe visit:<BR>http://listserv.azgeocaching.com/mailman/listinfo/az-geocaching<BR><BR>Arizona's Geocaching Resource<BR>http://www.azgeocaching.com</BLOCKQUOTE><p>
--0-2124085525-1085784142=:9506--