[Az-Geocaching] Use of Geocaching.com for commercial solicitation

SquishyGecko listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 28 May 2004 15:18:38 -0700

This morning I received a telephone call from someone named Ron Adams,
stating that he was doing a "character reference" for Highpointer.  After
returning the call and informing Mr. Adams that I had never met Highpointer,
he proceeded to state that Highpointer had told Mr. Adams that I was married
with two children, then attempted to sell me an insurance policy.

Not only do I consider this a gross misrepresentation on the part of Mr.
Adams, but a gross violation of my privacy by Highpointer.  I will be
contacting Geocaching.com to determine what violations of Geocaching.com
regulations may have been committed by Highpointer.  I strongly encourage
anyone else who receives such a call to ask Mr. Adams to add you to his "Do
Not Call" list, and then report the incident to Geocaching.com.

---