[Az-Geocaching] Use of Geocaching.com for commercial solicitation

Team Tierra Buena listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 28 May 2004 18:24:51 -0700

Squishy,
I'm curious about two things: Are you in fact married with two children,
and, if you've never met Highpointer, would he have known your marital
and paternal status?
I'm just trying to understand the circumstances a little better.
Steve
Team Tierra Buena
-----Original Message-----
From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com] On Behalf Of
SquishyGecko
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2004 3:19 PM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Use of Geocaching.com for commercial
solicitation

This morning I received a telephone call from someone named Ron Adams,
stating that he was doing a "character reference" for Highpointer.
After
returning the call and informing Mr. Adams that I had never met
Highpointer,
he proceeded to state that Highpointer had told Mr. Adams that I was
married
with two children, then attempted to sell me an insurance policy.

Not only do I consider this a gross misrepresentation on the part of Mr.
Adams, but a gross violation of my privacy by Highpointer.  I will be
contacting Geocaching.com to determine what violations of Geocaching.com
regulations may have been committed by Highpointer.  I strongly
encourage
anyone else who receives such a call to ask Mr. Adams to add you to his
"Do
Not Call" list, and then report the incident to Geocaching.com.

---