[Az-Geocaching] Caching Preferences

Steven Stringham listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 22:22:53 -0700 (MST)

Ok, second question. I am planning my first hides with my kids. We want to
do something

What are the preferences on finding caches out there. More specifically,
with the urban caches. (I just tried to get my first off road cache today,
with my minivan. Until I get another vehicle, the off road stuff is
probably out).

Do people prefer:

1) The "quick find", in and out type (micros, under the bench, by the
whatever).

2) Microcaches, with a little bit of thought, maybe a small multicache.

3) Full sized caches, in and out.

4) Full sized, with some thought, small multicache.

5) Real puzzlers, with plenty of previous planning. You know the ones,
decrypting a message (Valentoid), math problems (like the triangle problem
in Tucson), knowledge of a foreign language (Li Ting),

6) Something that makes you hike a while to get there (out of the car,
over the hill, through the woods, to grandmothers house we go....)

7) Virtuals, that take you someplace different (ie. the petroglyphs place,
or the monuments by the state capitol).

In other words, what kind of caches are your favorites? What makes you
think that a found cache has been really enjoyable? Glad that you took the
time?

Thank you
Steve,
Team SteveJS