[Az-Geocaching] Caching Preferences

Bill Tomlinson listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 23:02:30 -0700

Yes, those are all my favorites. ;-)  Seriously, I tend to prefer either the
full sized cache (where I can exchange trinkets) or a challenging puzzle.
The realities of life have driven me to do more urban micro caches and even
some virtuals lately.  For me, above all else, I enjoy originality.  You
know, the one that makes you stand there shaking your head and chuckling.
It doesn't really matter if it's a unique location or container or whatever,
just not the same old same old.  Many in your category 1 are like that and
they get old fast.

Bill Tomlinson
CacheLess

-----Original Message-----
From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com] On Behalf Of Steven
Stringham
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2003 10:23 PM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Caching Preferences

Ok, second question. I am planning my first hides with my kids. We want to
do something

What are the preferences on finding caches out there. More specifically,
with the urban caches. (I just tried to get my first off road cache today,
with my minivan. Until I get another vehicle, the off road stuff is probably
out).

Do people prefer:

1) The "quick find", in and out type (micros, under the bench, by the
whatever).

2) Microcaches, with a little bit of thought, maybe a small multicache.

3) Full sized caches, in and out.

4) Full sized, with some thought, small multicache.

5) Real puzzlers, with plenty of previous planning. You know the ones,
decrypting a message (Valentoid), math problems (like the triangle problem
in Tucson), knowledge of a foreign language (Li Ting),

6) Something that makes you hike a while to get there (out of the car, over
the hill, through the woods, to grandmothers house we go....)

7) Virtuals, that take you someplace different (ie. the petroglyphs place,
or the monuments by the state capitol).

In other words, what kind of caches are your favorites? What makes you think
that a found cache has been really enjoyable? Glad that you took the time?

Thank you
Steve,
Team SteveJS