[Az-Geocaching] Is Shelly at it a again or what?????

Scott Nicol listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:19:43 -0800

>From: Chelby Geiss <chelby@desertsol.com>
>To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
>Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Is Shelly at it a again or what?????
>Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 08:38:04 -0700
>
>OK, IMO it is the wrong this to do to boycott the DVRAC until we know the
>whole story.  I am not convinced that this letter to geocaching.com is
>truly from the "higher ups."  I can't imagine that any of our local
>struggling museums would bash something so severely that brings in support!
>  I know from working with people at the Pueblo Grande Museum that they
>greatly appreciate the traffic from the virtual cache placed there by
>Libby.  May I suggest that when you do go to one of these museum virtuals,
>sign the guest book and if there is a "How did you hear about us?" make
>sure you put www.geocaching.com!  They actually read those!!!
>
>I have emailed Kristy, my friend at the Pueblo Grande (who is an
>archeologist and has absolutely nothing against geocaching), to see if she
>knows any of the people at DVRAC (she's involved with a lot of the city
>wide museum meetings and such, so hopefully she does).  I'm still waiting
>to hear back from her.
>
>And just like with the recent issues with Mesa Ranger District, PLEASE
>remember that if you do contact DVRAC, remember to be level headed and
>EDUCATION, EDUCATION, EDUCATION!
>

>Team desertSol
>Chelby & Kevin

I agree with Chelby on not 'boycotting' the DVRAC. I don't think she was
refering to my post (as I only said I wouldnt go simply because it doesnt
interest me enough; I am more into it for the cache 'find').

I was thinking about that last night and thought that perhaps some of us
should talk with the DVRAC's highest up people and see if they even know
anything about this. I would show them all the printouts of the forum
messages and such as well as the cache web page. Perhaps we can get this
idiot volunteer worker (or whoever it was) brought forward.

On the other note: I always sign the guest logs at the virtual cache museums
as 'team ropingthewind' and make mention of geocaching. I have talked with a
few of the attendants at the museums and they have been very happy with the
'virtual' cache at their museums. The attendants usually ask where I am from
and what brought me to the museum and of course I tell them all about
geocaching and the virtual that is at the museum and how it all works. They
usually say "yea, we have had several people come in for that, sounds like
fun!" and "Thanks for choosing our museum". Overall, they seem very pleased
by the response.

Scott
Team Ropingthewind