[Az-Geocaching] Is Shelly at it a again or what?????

Chelby Geiss listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 08:38:04 -0700

OK, IMO it is the wrong this to do to boycott the DVRAC until we know
the whole story.  I am not convinced that this letter to geocaching.com
is truly from the "higher ups."  I can't imagine that any of our local
struggling museums would bash something so severely that brings in
support!  I know from working with people at the Pueblo Grande Museum
that they greatly appreciate the traffic from the virtual cache placed
there by Libby.  May I suggest that when you do go to one of these
museum virtuals, sign the guest book and if there is a "How did you
hear about us?" make sure you put www.geocaching.com!  They actually
read those!!!

I have emailed Kristy, my friend at the Pueblo Grande (who is an
archeologist and has absolutely nothing against geocaching), to see if
she knows any of the people at DVRAC (she's involved with a lot of the
city wide museum meetings and such, so hopefully she does).  I'm still
waiting to hear back from her.

And just like with the recent issues with Mesa Ranger District, PLEASE
remember that if you do contact DVRAC, remember to be level headed and
EDUCATION, EDUCATION, EDUCATION!

Team desertSol
Chelby & Kevin
+