[Az-Geocaching] Is Shelly at it a again or what?????

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 00:39:17 -0700

WOLFB8 wrote:

>ok folks now there bitching at the rock art place.... I wonder if shelly is behind this one too.... check this out....a another catcher sent me the link thinking it was one of my caches but it is a virtual sign from the past by wererwe ....ken you out there

I absolutly love Ken's 2 cents on this matter, it really puts things
into perspective.
I would have probably taken a similar "offensive" photograph and used
the exact same logic.   To me it's like being at the grocery store... we
all know not to eat the food that we haven't paid for, and they put
protective wrappers and such so that we can't touch the food, or eat it
without violating the wrapping... but sometimes the stores will take an
item and put small pieces of it on a plate so that you can more closely
examin it and taste it for yourself.  They don't always have someone
there offering it to you, it's just a given that you can partake of
whats on the plate.  If they want to put up a sign that says, don't eat
what's on the plate, I would be happy to not try it, otherwise I'm
probably going to try it.

It's the same with displays, you rope off everything but one and they
don't remind you about their policy  with a sign when they have made one
item comepletely different for all the rest and also put it right in
someone's face like that, you have to expect them to have a closer look
and probably touch it.

With that said... you have to wonder if they truely don't want ANYTHING
to happen to ancient stuff like that, why they continue to leave it out
in the elements to erode (I'm assuming this rock museum is outdoors..
they all seem to be)... not to mention the damage that acid rain can do
to rocks in just a couple of years.  It would take a hell of a lot of
body oil to equal a little bit of acid rain.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek