[Az-Geocaching] Our Day in Tonto revisited

WOLFB8 listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 13:27:23 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0034_01C2CEAC.A64483C0

  Hi List!

  <snip>
  First, thanks to Ken and Libby for representing geocaching. Libby, did
  you get to do any Prescott caches? Nope it was like very COLD up =
there.

  Anyway, my point....Ken brought out that the "officials" should check
  the website and email owners of any caches that were too near the
  restricted sites that they oversee. Libby mentioned we should police
  ourselves. I have no problem with either or both approaches (to make
  sure we are not putting caches in "bad" places) but my question is,
  and maybe Libby can answer this as she said we should police
  ourselves....if the archeological sites are UN-published, how can we
  find out where we can NOT put caches?? If we talk to the land manager =
and ask for permission when we have a area in mind. They can tell you if =
the area is ok. From my personal experence I ask about a site with state =
trust land. The guys asked me to please consider a different location. =
Since I have never made it to that location I have not hidden the cache. =
Once people start asking they will know if  it's a "good"area.or a "bad" =
area. Remenber that parts of the forest may be closed during different =
times of the year for different reasons " fire, birthing, errosion ect"
  Maybe this has already been
  answered in the past few months, if so, I missed it and need to know.=20

  I just placed a couple new caches this month near Prescott (PNF) and I
  have no idea is I was near a sensitive site or not (that's why they
  are unpublished, right, so people won't go there?) ask your local =
ranger they will be glad to help you or get a hold of the site stewart =
manger in the area and ask her.  To find the name of the site stewart =
manage in your area contact the program or myself and i will act as a go =
between.=20

  Did the site stewards give us any direction as to how we are supposed
  to find out where we can't place caches? I'm happy to comply with any
  request or law, but I can't be expected to read minds. If we just =
follow the rule for the game and ask first there will not be any =
problems.

  We will be known by the tracks we leave behind

------=_NextPart_000_0034_01C2CEAC.A64483C0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>Hi List!<BR><BR><FONT =
color=3D#ff0000>&lt;snip&gt;</FONT><BR>First, thanks=20
  to Ken and Libby for representing geocaching. Libby, did<BR>you get to =
do any=20
  Prescott caches? <FONT color=3D#ff0000>Nope it was like very COLD up=20
  there.</FONT><BR><BR>Anyway, my point....Ken brought out that the =
"officials"=20
  should check<BR>the website and email owners of any caches that were =
too near=20
  the<BR>restricted sites that they oversee. Libby mentioned we should=20
  police<BR>ourselves. I have no problem with either or both approaches =
(to=20
  make<BR>sure we are not putting caches in "bad" places) but my =
question=20
  is,<BR>and maybe Libby can answer this as she said we should=20
  police<BR>ourselves....if the archeological sites are UN-published, =
how can=20
  we<BR>find out where we can NOT put caches?? <FONT color=3D#ff0000>If =
we talk to=20
  the land manager and ask for permission when we have a area in mind. =
They can=20
  tell you if the area is ok. From my personal experence I ask about a =
site with=20
  state trust land. The guys asked me to please consider a different =
location.=20
  Since I have never made it to that location I have not hidden the =
cache. Once=20
  people start asking they will know if&nbsp; it's a "good"area.or a =
"bad" area.=20
  Remenber that parts of the forest may be closed during different times =
of the=20
  year for different reasons " fire, birthing, errosion =
ect"</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>Maybe this has already been<BR>answered in the past few months, =
if so, I=20
  missed it and need to know. <BR><BR>I just placed a couple new caches =
this=20
  month near Prescott (PNF) and I<BR>have no idea is I was near a =
sensitive site=20
  or not (that's why they<BR>are unpublished, right, so people won't go =
there?)=20
  <FONT color=3D#ff0000>ask your local ranger they will be glad to help =
you or get=20
  a hold of the site stewart manger in the area and ask her.&nbsp; To =
find the=20
  name of the site stewart manage in your area contact the program or =
myself and=20
  i will act as a go between. </FONT><BR><BR>Did the site stewards give =
us any=20
  direction as to how we are supposed<BR>to find out where we can't =
place=20
  caches? I'm happy to comply with any<BR>request or law, but I can't be =

  expected to read minds. <FONT color=3D#ff0000>If we just follow the =
rule for the=20
  game and ask first there will not be any =
problems.</FONT><BR><BR><BR><FONT=20
  color=3D#ff0000>We will be known by the tracks we leave=20
  behind<BR></FONT><BR><BR></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0034_01C2CEAC.A64483C0--