[Az-Geocaching] need some assistance...

Tahosa McCarthy Tahosa_the_Cacher at msn.com
Sat Jan 24 15:17:31 CST 2009

Matt:
Well here is my two pennies worth.
As to Magellan who would want a GPS named after an Explorer that died on route.
Garmin is the way to go.   I started out with the ancient Garmin 38 where if I received
an accuracy of 40 feet I was tickled pink.   Then I went on to a Vista and that one
served me well over 5 years, and that is a lot of map work for the USFS in addition to
caching.
Last year I went to the Legend HCX with maps and it works as well as the best of
them out there, except Trimble.   Go to the Garmin Website and you can do a comparison
of the makes and models.
Cache on.
Tahosa - Treker of the San Tans