[Az-Geocaching] Geocache/4X4 trip

Apryl Clark aprylc74 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 5 13:38:20 MST 2008

Darn..too bad a full size truck wouldn't fit that trail. The Dodge is all outfitted and sitting nicely in the garage collecting dust. Used to be my daily driver but what with the bigger tires and the suck butt gas mileage we now have a Yota Highlander...husband told me if he finds a ding on it from wheeling I'm a dead woman.

I did take my Dad's Highlander offroading in Guam..shhhh I had to get that one cache darnit.

We did some caching on one of the runs last year through Florence Junction with the Jeep group had a great time and actually introduced some people to caching. There's a few caches on the White Tanks that I did the time before that with the big group..luckily the Dodge fit quite nicely.

4wheelingmirage AKA Apryl

From: bcasteel at uccinc.netTo: listserv at azgeocaching.comDate: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 14:14:50 -0600Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Geocache/4X4 trip

I hear ya.  Up here, picking up a 14-bolt rear is cake, for example.  The yard down the road from me has one for $75 geared to 4.10 right now.  A ford D60 is a little tougher to come by, but would let me still use an NP231 if I wanted as it’s a left-side pumpkin.  A guy in our local club is picking up a gusseted housing for the rear on his Bronco for $300.  He hit so hard on a jump that his internals are fine, but the diff tube is bent now.

Brian
Team A.I.

From: az-geocaching-bounces at listserv.azgeocaching.com [mailto:az-geocaching-bounces at listserv.azgeocaching.com] On Behalf Of MEL HOCKWITTSent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 2:11 PMTo: listserv at azgeocaching.comSubject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Geocache/4X4 trip

$$$$$$$  Maybe some day, right now it suits us fine.  I may build another Cherokee in the future, one of our members (Crossed Up Off Road) builds some real nice housings and upgrades, I have been giving that some thought if I hit the lottery.