[Az-Geocaching] Duquesne

ShadowAce shadowace.az at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 11:11:38 MST 2007

The best answer is that will be between you, the property owner and the
Santa Cruz County Sheriff department.

 According to the USDA Forest service website:

Obtain a map of the area you wish to explore and determine which areas are
open for use.

   - *Contact the land manager for area restrictions and if crossing
   private property, be sure to ask permission from the land owner.*

So I would say yes, according to the forest service, a private property
owner can block access even on a forest road.

 I know of a road in Tucson city limits that is state trust land. The lease
owner has padlocked the road and even the state trust trespassing officers
do not have a key, they find another way into the area.

 North of Tucson are BLM and State Trust roads that have fences and locks on
them to block access.

 Long and short again would be... Do you feel it is worth your time in court
if the Sheriff is brought into this and just think of the excitement it
could be for your European friends :)