[Az-Geocaching] A bit of history - question

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 11 09:20:24 MST 2006

>From: Bob Renner <>
>
>The cache was plundered only a short time after it was
>initally created.  It was in plain sight and had a
>combination lock on the box with the combination in
>the web page.  Someone riped the lid off and emptied
>the contents.  The empty shell was on the tree for a
>long time after that.
>
>Finally, about a year ago, the tree was cut down and
>the field plowed.  I assume the box was removed with
>the tree, but since the lid was ripped off and
>discarded earlier, it was in the field for you to
>find.

Wow. That is some cool little history right there! I was wondering if the
rest of the box might be in the ground there. Now I know it isnt. So
everything fits together nicely and the mystery is solved! :) Looks like we
did find the lid from that cache then. It is interesting that we found the
lid almost precisely at the coordinates... not more than a few feet off...
considering it was plowed into the ground. Fun stuff!

Team Ropingthewind
Scott