[Az-Geocaching] Geocaching: Team vs. Individual Statistics...

Jim Scotti jscotti at pirl.lpl.Arizona.EDU
Mon Feb 21 10:00:11 MST 2005

The only trouble here is that on most teams, the entire team does not always
participate in the hunt.  In my case, I'd say something like 80-90% of our
finds are by me hunting solo.  I usually mention in my log if any of the rest
of my family was helping or even just tagging along (or even just sitting
back in the car while I ran off the last 0.15 miles to find the cache).  I
suspect the majority of "teams" are one primary, more motivated cacher with
the occasional assistant(s).  I suspect that even some teams that often take
their kids along still hunt solo as often as not.  What is your percentage of
solo hunts, Dirk (aka ShadowAce)?  You probably take your kids (especially
that "cache fiend" son of yours! :-) ) along on the hunt more than any other
cacher I know.  Heck, you probably take your buddy Dave of Cow Spots along on
almost as many, I bet!  :-)

Jim.