[Az-Geocaching] Question for the GPS Cachers

David Thompsen dthompsen at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 20 08:19:46 MST 2005

The Marine looks virtually identical in capabilities to the Gold, except that it may have certain marina navigational data hard-coded into the basemap that the Gold doesn't have.

--Dave, The Cow Spots

Robert & Linda Smith <Lrsmith at cableone.net> wrote:
Sure sorry to read about your plight Dave... To bad we don't have a
reverse locate on our GPS's so we could locate them like we do a cache.
Sure hope the insurance company is understanding about the mess. We
stopped by the Sports Authority the other day and saw a large assortment
of GPS's and some books on Geocaching. Easy to get to also.

Is the Magellan Gold similar to the Magellan Marine or visa versa,
anyone?? We know a fellow in the valley that got a Marine for his
birthday and I am hoping it is close enough that I can help him when he
comes up to Prescott for a visit.

Bob Smith, Petite Elite

David Thompsen wrote:

> I'll chime in since I was forced to go GPSr shopping today. (My whole
> cache kit : GPS, Palm Pilot, digital camera, and swag bag was stolen
> out of my car last night.)
>
> (snip)
>
> --Dave, The Cow Spots

Arizona's Geocaching Resource