[Az-Geocaching] Explanation and apology

SquishyGecko listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 31 May 2004 12:32:29 -0700

: <snip> In order to
: do this, Ron or I needs to contact people to arrange appointments.  I
understand that not everyone
: will be willing to meet with me, but how I am supposed to know unless Ron
or I contact them?

I wasn't contacted to arrange an appointment.  I was contacted to provide a
"character reference."  If Mr. Adams intent was to arrange an appointment,
he misrepresented himself by stating that he was calling for any other
reason.

: <snip> He had sent out
: his phone number to me via e-mail, and on at least one occasion, he had
urged me to call him.

I urged you to call me to arrange the return of the "Sarah's Lil Buddy"
travelbug so that Graldrich could take it to Hawaii in the very near future.
This is after you visited the same cache three times in one day to clear out
all the TBs, then left mine in an urban micro in a very exposed area.

: <snip> Neither Ron Adams
: nor I were trying to sell anything.

After asking me for a "character reference," Mr. Adams attempted to sell me
a service related to uPromise.  At which point is this not trying to sell
anything?

: <snip> no one else has responded in the hostile manner
: that "SquishyGecko" has done.

When you provide my name and telephone number to a telemarketer without my
consent, and when that telemarketer misrepresents his intentions, I tend to
get a bit hostile.

: <snip> I addition, I would like to request that any and all personal
attacks on the listserv, directed
: against me or anyone else, cease immediately.

If you didn't want this issue brought to the attention of Arizona
geocachers, you shouldn't have included Arizona geocachers in your
fraudulent marketing.

---