[Az-Geocaching] scorpions

Delora McAllister listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 25 May 2004 19:20:10 -0700

Any scorpion should be avoided of course, however the "Bark Scorpion" is one
of the most poisonous in Az. And size does not necessarily matter..... some
of the smaller varieties can pack a more potent sting than the bigger ones.
In any event, it would be wise to use gloves or kick over rocks before
exploring around them. I myself have not been stung, but I have seen young
children who have.The smaller you are, it seems, the more malevolent the
effects of the sting can be.Be careful out there on the trails. And KEEP ON
CACHIN'.
Team Red Dog

Peaceloveandgoodhappinessstuff,
Trust in God