[Az-Geocaching] Speaking of TB's....

RAND HARDIN listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 17 May 2004 17:54:02 -0700

of the responsibility we take on when we grab them out of caches!

Happy tracking!  :-D

Rand (RandMan)  =20

----- Original Message -----
From: RopingThe Wind
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2004 4:01 PM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Speaking of TB's....

The other travel bug.. well, it has been in the hands of that one team si=
nce =20
August 2003. Obviously, they dont have it. I have it! :) So, they put it =20
into a cache and didnt log it in. So, I dont know that sending them an em=
ail =20
will matter. I will just do as LazyK suggested and snag it from them and =
put =20
it into the cache myself and then take it out and into my hands. Normally=
, I =20
would say that seems kind of a rude thing to do (if not emailing them =20
first).. but, considering so much time has gone by... I dont think it =20
matters much. Still, I have to remember which cache I took it from. I =20
normally make a note of it in my PDA... but, somehow I failed to do so =20
during my visit to that particular cache. I made the note of time and dat=
e, =20
etc..... but didnt note the TB pickup.
Scott
Team Ropingthewind

------=_NextPart_001_0000_01C43C37.F08C2240

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>Scott (RTW),</=
DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Regarding the TB that has been in a <EM>cache=
rs</EM> hands since August, '03:&nbsp; If you decide not to e-mail the ca=
cher and have them finish their transfer, I would go ahead and grab the T=
B from them.&nbsp; Then I would do a search of the caches that the <EM>in=
dividual</EM>&nbsp;found and compare it with the caches that you found on=
 the day you came into posession of the TB.&nbsp; Then start&nbsp;compari=
ng dates; read previous logs on the cache pages&nbsp;to see if anyone men=
tions the TB; eliminate the micro caches as possibilities, and eliminate =
the caches that you remember and know that you didn't find&nbsp;the TB in=
&nbsp; With a little detective work, you can probably figure which cache=
 the individual placed it in.&nbsp; Then go ahead and log the TB into the=
 cache that you believe you found it in and then reclaim it!</DIV> <DIV>&=
nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Then there's always the possibility that the TB has chan=
ged hands a few times before being placed in one of the caches where you =
found it.&nbsp; Just do the best you can with the detective work and plac=
e the cache where you feel was the most likely spot where you could have =
found it.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I know&nbsp;tracking TBs down is&n=
bsp;a pain and time consuming, but it's all part of the responsibility we=
 take on when we grab&nbsp;them out of caches!</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <D=
IV>Happy tracking!&nbsp; <STRONG>:-D</STRONG></DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DI=
V>Rand (RandMan)&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADD=
ING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000=
 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial">----- Ori=
ginal Message -----</DIV> <DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt A=
rial; COLOR: black"><B>From:</B> RopingThe Wind</DIV> <DIV style=3D"FONT:=
 10pt Arial"><B>Sent:</B> Monday, May 17, 2004 4:01 PM</DIV> <DIV style=3D=
"FONT: 10pt Arial"><B>To:</B> listserv@azgeocaching.com</DIV> <DIV style=3D=
"FONT: 10pt Arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: [Az-Geocaching] Speaking of TB's..=
.</DIV> <DIV><BR>The other travel bug.. well, it has been in the hands o=
f that one team since <BR>August 2003. Obviously, they dont have it. I ha=
ve it! :) So, they put it <BR>into a cache and didnt log it in. So, I don=
t know that sending them an email <BR>will matter. I will just do as Lazy=
K suggested and <U>snag it from them and put </U><BR><U>it into the cache=
 myself and then take it out and into my hands</U>. Normally, I <BR>would=
 say that seems kind of a rude thing to do (if not emailing them <BR>firs=
t).. but, considering so much time has gone by... I dont think it <BR>mat=
ters much. Still, I have to remember which cache I took it from. I <BR>no=
rmally make a note of it in my PDA... but, somehow I failed to do so <BR>=
during my visit to that particular cache. I made the note of time and dat=
e, <BR>etc..... but didnt note the TB pickup.<BR>Scott<BR>Team Ropingthew=
ind<BR><BR></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_0000_01C43C37.F08C2240--