[Az-Geocaching] An important security message

mike and gale jett listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 20:39:45 +0000

<P>Of course we did, even before posting the listserve.<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: "Regan Smith" <BUGGERS@MINDSPRING.COM>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Reply-To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: <LISTSERV@AZGEOCACHING.COM>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] An important security message
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 17:14:10 -0700
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;I would hope that you personally contact the cache owner and return their container.
<DIV></DIV>&gt; ----- Original Message -----
<DIV></DIV>&gt; From: mike and gale jett
<DIV></DIV>&gt; To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
<DIV></DIV>&gt; Sent: Sunday, February 16, 2003 4:48 PM
<DIV></DIV>&gt; Subject: [Az-Geocaching] An important security message
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; We just found a nice cache Home Run Country, which apparently had a lot of visitors today. When we arrived, a very concerned security guard met us and asked us what we were doing. We explained geocaching and he seemed fine with it however he adamently explained how the fence of the water treatment facility was considered off-limits. The cache was placed on the back of a no trespassing sign on the fence. He asked us to remove the cache and let others know that we cannot place any caches on their fence especially in the light of today's heightened security. It seems that the previous few cachers who were talking by the fence after caching brought out the Mesa police helicopter, according to the security guard. (And you know who you are.) We know we are harmless, but you should have seen how nervous this security guard was. We removed the cache and apologized profusely for the cache placement. He was fine with that as long as we let other! cachers know. Please don't place anything on a fence when there are no trespassing signs, especially if it is something as security conscious like a water treatment facility.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt; Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. ____________________________________________________________ Az-Geocaching mailing list listserv@azgeocaching.com To edit your setting, subscribe or unsubscribe visit: http://listserv.azgeocaching.com/mailman/listinfo/az-geocaching Arizona's Geocaching Resource http://www.azgeocaching.com