[Az-Geocaching] New Garmin Etrex Firmware

Scott Nicol listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 07 Feb 2003 16:29:52 -0800

>From: "Team Tierra Buena" <teamtierrabuena@earthlink.net>
>To: <az-geocaching@listserv.azgeocaching.com>
>Subject: [Az-Geocaching] New Garmin Etrex Firmware
>Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 17:01:13 -0700
>
>Garmin today announced version 3.10 of the firmware for the Etrex Legend
>and Vista models. By installing these upgrades you will get the
>following benefits:
>

>*	Increased active track log to 10,000 points.
>*	Increased saved track log to 750 points.
>*	Increased user waypoints to 1,000 waypoints. (!)
>*	Increased waypoints per route to 125 waypoints.
>*	Added option on Map Setup page to specify the number of track
>points to plot. The most recent points will be plotted up to the
>specified number, not exceeding the size of the track log.
>*	Improved South African grid.
>*	Corrected problem where MapSource would give an error message
>after transferring a large number of map tiles.
>
>Note that these upgrades are for these two Etrex models only. You can
>download the upgrade at: http://www.garmin.com/support/download.jsp
>
>Steve
>Team Tierra Buena

WOW! 1,000 WAYPOINTS!? I will now be able to fit ALL the caches I dont yet
have in Arizona into my Garmin Legend!!!!!!!! That is amazing. Is there any
other GPS out there that will store 1,000 waypoints!? Very cool!

I am downloading now!

Scott
Team Ropingthewind