[Az-Geocaching] What_would_you_do?

xWaterLilyx listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 23:40:39 -0800 (PST)

--- Scott_Wood <wood@myblueheaven.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am still up here in North Idaho and decided that I
> wanted to place a
> virtual cache at a place on the University of Idaho
> campus that had trees
> that were planted by famous people.  I picked a tree
> that was planted by a
> VERY famous US President nearly 100 years ago.
>
> I was just informed by one of the admins
> (moun10bike) that he would not
> approve my cache since it didn't live up to what he
> thought the new
> requirements should be for virtual caches.  Namely
> it isn't a place that is
> unique that would be in a coffee table book.  He
> said that if I wanted a
> cache here I should hide a micro at the location.
> For any number of reason
> this is just a bad idea, and a virtual is the only
> way to do this one.
> This area is that special, and you would be amazed
> as to the names that you
> will come across if you walk through the lawn and
> look at the plaques near
> each tree.
>
> What do you think I should do?  Should I contact
> Jeremy and plead my case
> to him?  Should I just let it go and not worry about
> it?
>
> I look forward to everyones suggestions.
>
> Scott

You can always post it on other websites - such as
your personal site, any of the other geocaching sites
out there, or sites run by other personal sites from
geocaching members.  It might not get as much traffic
as it would if geocaching.com posted it however it
would be out there and people would be able to enjoy
the unique spot you located.

Which sounds like a neat virtual to me.

=====
xWaterLilyx & RTF