[Az-Geocaching] What would you do?

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 23:15:01 -0700 (MST)

Hi everyone,

I am still up here in North Idaho and decided that I wanted to place a
virtual cache at a place on the University of Idaho campus that had trees
that were planted by famous people.  I picked a tree that was planted by a
VERY famous US President nearly 100 years ago.

I was just informed by one of the admins (moun10bike) that he would not
approve my cache since it didn't live up to what he thought the new
requirements should be for virtual caches.  Namely it isn't a place that is
unique that would be in a coffee table book.  He said that if I wanted a
cache here I should hide a micro at the location.  For any number of reason
this is just a bad idea, and a virtual is the only way to do this one.
This area is that special, and you would be amazed as to the names that you
will come across if you walk through the lawn and look at the plaques near
each tree.

What do you think I should do?  Should I contact Jeremy and plead my case
to him?  Should I just let it go and not worry about it?

I look forward to everyones suggestions.

Scott