[Az-Geocaching] Military GPS

Ben Dilcher listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 18:55:47 -0700

------=_NextPart_001_0000_01C2C95A.5D9DFDB0

    My brother also said that my etrax Legend (or many other kinds of civ=
ilian GPS's) can actually get an accuracy to a couple feet In ideal condi=
tions.  If you notice it will only tell you the accuracy is 10 or 11 feet=
.  This is because of government regs.  They like to think they have the =
best of everything and civilians can't get that good of technologies.

    Has yours ever told you that you where 2.55 ft from a waypoint?  Mine=
 has and then you check the accuracy and it says 11 feet.  This is becaus=
e you are not supposed to have better than 10 ft accuracy.

------=_NextPart_001_0000_01C2C95A.5D9DFDB0

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp; My brother also said that my etrax Legend (or many other kinds of ci=
vilian GPS's) can actually get an accuracy to a couple feet In ideal cond=
itions.&nbsp; If you notice it will only tell you the accuracy is 10 or 1=
1 feet.&nbsp; This is because of government regs.&nbsp; They like to thin=
k they have the best of everything and civilians can't get that good of t=
echnologies.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp; Has yours ever told you that you where 2.55 ft from a waypoint?&nbs=
p; Mine has and then you check the accuracy and it says 11 feet.&nbsp; Th=
is is because you are not supposed to have better than 10 ft accuracy.<BR=