[Az-Geocaching] Re: GPS in the army

Scott Sparks listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 18:18:06 -0700

I watched this same program; what blew me away was the size of the
military issued unit that (I think) they said cost a few thousand
dollars.  It was about the size of a lunchbox.  Imagine trying to find a
an urban micro with that and going unnoticed in a crowd of people. :-P
Now if I could just get ahold of one of those laser range-finders they
were using, _THAT_ would be cool!

-- Team Sprocket