[Az-Geocaching] Question on Difficult Caches

Team Tierra Buena listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 11:30:37 -0700

>  I have a question I want to throw out to all.  I had a
> situation on one of my caches today that  a fellow cacher did
> not just give a clue on where to find it but just gave the
> end coordinates.  If this was a easy cache I might not have
> an issue, but this cache was rated a 4, and for the reason
> that is was made to be difficult.  The cache in question is
> the neighborhood park cache.

It seems to me that's not a lot different from leaving the cache out in
plain sight, or posting any other kind of unencrypted spoiler.

I went to the cache page. I'm guessing you deleted the entry and
notified the logger of what you did and why you did it. That's probably
what I'd have done in your shoes; sometimes you have the luxury of
emailing the logger and asking them to correct it themselves first, but
given the situation as you described it, that doesn't make sense here.
The one thing I'd disagree with you on is I would be inclined to take
the same actions regardless of the difficulty level. Posting the end
coordinates of any multi is a spoiler.

Steve
Team Tierra Buena