[Az-Geocaching] Lake Powell Houseboat

az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 21:39:54 -0700

Hope everyone's having fun cache hunting this weekend!

I've received a few messages of interest on sharing the houseboat on Lake
Powell, but the high cost is an understandable concern. These houseboat
rentals aren't cheap!

There were many issues considered in reaching my proposal to you. Many of
these issues can reduce the overall cost. 1) Trying not to have anyone sleep
on a fold-out table or couch. 2) Spend enough days on the lake to make it
enjoyable and relaxing. 3) Have as many people as comfortably possible to
share the expense. 4) A tag-along boat will be required.

I've attached an Excel spreadsheet with the cost breakdowns for 6 possible
scenarios. Connie and I prefer Plan A or Plan B, but will entertain other
options.

The difference in the plans are:
Plan A - Large, luxury houseboat for 8 people and 3 nights (4 days). $669
per person.
Plan B - Large, luxury houseboat for 12 people and 3 nights. A couple will
need to sleep on a fold-out table bed and a couple will need to sleep on the
fold-out couch. $446 per person.
Plan C - Same as Plan A, except for only 2 nights (3 days). $508 per person.
Plan D - Same as Plan B, except for only 2 nights. $339 per person.
Plan E - Non luxury houseboat for 8 people 3 nights. (Beds are bunk-beds).
$514 per person
Plan F - Non luxury houseboat for 12 people 3 nights. (Beds are bunk-beds,
couch and table). $342 per person.

Let me know if you're interested and which of these plans you would prefer.

You can review the costs and details of the boats at:
http://lakepowellvacations.com

Larry Farquhar
Team "Wyle E"
www.azjeeper.com