[Az-Geocaching] A note about Bob Renner

wogun1 wogun1 at cox.net
Thu Mar 24 10:10:42 CDT 2011

Thank you for sharing this.

Terry
wogunhiker

-----Original Message-----
From: az-geocaching-bounces at listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-bounces at listserv.azgeocaching.com] On Behalf Of Brian
Cluff
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 8:15 PM
To: azgeocaching at listserv.azgeocaching.com
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] A note about Bob Renner

I just received the following message through the website, and it
appears to be for everyone that knew Bob:

------------------
I am recently returning back to geo-caching, as my father got me into it
when I was a young child. I remember times spent with him as we would
travel all over arizona looking for these little treasures. It was a
good bonding moment for us as we really connected while out in the wild.
I even still remember ones that I had helped him place over arizona,
even one that was placed right in our own front yard.
I could see the enjoyment he got out of geocaching. And it wasn't about
being the first to a new place or hiding a really good one, it was the
places he would go to. The whole outdoors itself he loved. And he wanted
people to experience it with him.
Now before I continue I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Alex
Renner. I am Robert(Bob) Renners' youngest son. And like I have stated
before, I am currently trying to get back into geocaching. Because even
though the bonding I had with my father(whether it was geocaching or
just camping) was great beyond words. I grew up and I wanted to do
different things. I was there with him for his first cache and I was
there for his last. And the things you wrote about my father...well
thank you. Because there were some things not even his own child knew
about him. And I am glad I got that insight. He was a great man, and
through him I hope to be better. And I also believe through him
geocaching became better. So on behalf of my family, thank you for those
kind words. Because as I browsed the web looking for help on how to
geocache, I stumbled upon this and it brought tears to my eyes that my
father affected other people in great ways.

I regret to inform you that unfortunately his funeral has already
passed. March 19th. I did not know how to contact any of his geocaching
friends. So I do apologize for that. As you know he did pass away of
Pancreatic cancer, it was March 12th at his home at 9:25pm. He passed
peacefully with his two sons and wife by his side.