[Az-Geocaching] Arizona Geocaching has Lost a Pioneer

Matthew Shapiro sonburnt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 15:39:57 CDT 2011

Wow. I had no idea he was gone. Sorry for your loss...it truly is a loss for
all of us...as is the loss of Bob.

Matthew
TeamAZSonburnt

On Mar 16, 2011 1:33 PM, "vicki wright" <azvlynnw at yahoo.com> wrote:

> thanks Terry -- he always complained that people on geocaching.com wanted
to be his "friend" and he would say "I don't want to go out with anyone, I
like going geocaching alone".  BUT I know he would be touched at how many
have been saddened to hear that he's not around to play any more...thanks
again...

> Vicki
>

> ________________________________

to—we found so many of his caches and always loved seeing them pop up on our
GPS.  We could feel his love for the game through his prolific hides.

az-geocaching-bounces at listserv.azgeocaching.com] On Behalf Of vicki wright
> Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 8:53 AM
> To: listserv at azgeocaching.com
> Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Arizona Geocaching has Lost a Pioneer
>

> so sorry to hear the sad news.  My dad, dazon, passed away on January 31
and I can tell you that geocaching was his life the last few years...so I
can truly thank those who came before who made the game so fun for dazon.
Blessings.

> azvicki
>

> ________________________________

think of that have contributed more to Geocaching in Arizona and arguably
the world if you consider that he came up with the idea for the travel bug.
This is the man that we, Team Snaptek, chased trying to find the most caches
back when there were only enough caches to count on one hand.

> We had an ongoing friendly rivalry with him because he hid the second
cache in Arizona even though technically speaking the second cache in
Arizona was physically hidden first by Team Snaptek, but due to driving time
from New River compared to Page Bob was able to log his first claiming the
spot, beating us by only an hour or so.

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=c30c0111-c06e-4827-a0da-30c9bfdcdd40