[Az-Geocaching] Caching Group

Mark, Johnny, & Joaquin flag.mtn.hkrs at gmail.com
Tue May 20 17:07:11 MST 2008

Panda77 wrote:
> With the price of gas these days going far for a meeting to even put
> something like this together mite be tricky. AZ is a big state so if
> some one can do a lot of the planning and putting this together on the
> internet with out a lot of driving may help. this list server works
> great the web page listed earlier required picking a subject and extra
> clicks . and a lot of the choices or subjects were not real clear .
>

> --
>   Patrick Brown
>     YCSRT 3213
>     PANDA77 N7FHB
>
>  Check out
> http://forsale.wickenburg.net/
> http://www.ycsrt.org/
> http://www.geocaching.com/
> http://www.azgeocaching.com/
>

> Bob & Linda Smith wrote:
>> John,
>>
>> I seem to remember an attempt at this a few years ago as well.  It
>> takes more than a couple of folks to keep it going.  Your idea is
>> good, it may fall on you for most or all of the work to make it
>> happen.  It's hard to get folks to commit to an Event cache year after
>> year.  I helped with one up here in Prescott but did have the desire
>> to do it myself.  It's also hard to get more than a hand full of
>> people to agree on a date for a get together, north or south.  I'm
>> sure you will get other feed back as well.
>>
>> Bob Smith, Team Petite Elite

Panda77 brings up a great point. Distance at this time is going to be a
problem. I believe that if there were some type of chat set up where
everyone that was interested could log in on the same night and time and
discuss this further it might help.

I for one would love to see a big event every year. We have a ball every
year at the A.J.A.C.S. camp out. We love to get together with the people
we haven't seen all year, sort of like a mountnain man/trapper
rendezvous but with Geocachers. Even though A.J.A.C.S. is cool, it is
far from Mega status with only 62 teams there this year. Arizona could
never hold a Geowoodstock unless we have some organization that can
prove they pull off big gatherings.

I realize we are a varied and diverse crew her in the AZ. I think it
would be nice to all get together under one banner at some time, if even
for the cool tshirts. :)

--
Seeing the world one Geocache at a time! ! !

Mark & Johnny

flag.mtn.hkrs at gmail.com