[Az-Geocaching] Geocache/4X4 trip

Brian Casteel bcasteel at uccinc.net
Thu Jun 5 14:52:09 MST 2008

Absolutely.  It’s more the driver and not the equipment that makes a
successful day.  Case in point:  A guy here in town drag races his Dodge
diesel and pulls in low-10s on the ¼ mile.  It’s turbo’d with nitrous and
propane injection.  One one run last fall, he grenaded both diffs,
driveshafts, trans and t-case coming off the line.  Popped it a little too
hard and it went *boom*.  Part of my issue is lack of power in not breaking
parts, and I’ve so far only blown a front u-joint on a rock course.  But if
it weren’t for the 3/16” plate rock rails (to the frame), I’d have a
crumpled body.  Much paint/steel has been left on rocks around here.

Brian

Team A.I.

  _____