[Az-Geocaching] Fixing Garmin GPSr

Team Nine Lives teamninelives at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 15:16:56 MST 2007

Steve and all,

Thanks for the various weigh-ins on this.  Sorry for the tardiness--I've
been working a lot lately and Geocaching has, alas, had to move downward on
the priority list.

I'm going to look into one local option, then perhaps consult Garmin if that
doesn't work.

And the answer to your question is that we went with theTeam Scotti choice
with the GPSmap 60CSx.  We have had success in getting the second key for
Garmin CitySelect to work with the new unit (via the Garmin helpdesk) and
like to be able to reuse the maps, at least for the time being--maybe a
future map upgrade.  We are hoping that by disabling the electronic compass
we can see the same kind of battery life we have with the GPSmap60, which we
are pretty happy with.

We are looking forward to being a two-GPSr family since one can stay hooked
up to the external antenna and computer while the other can be used to go in
and out of the vehicle after we drive close by.  We like what the external
antenna does but not the connecting and disconnecting....  besides, now I'll
get the hand-me-down 60 for myself :-)

Brad
1/2 of Team Nine Lives