[Az-Geocaching] looking for any advice on updating my maps...

Matthew Shapiro sonburnt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 17:35:23 MST 2007

Hey All,

I've got a Garmin eTrex Legend that I use for caching and in our little Ford
pickup truck. We also have a Jeep with the onboard full color turn by turn
super duty nav, so I really dont need much more in a hand held than the
Legend.

I'm looking at upgrading my maps in the Legend though and am looking to see
if you all have any thoughts besides the standard Garmin maps.
I've found the MapSource NorthAmerica v8 DVD online for about $80.00. It
meets 2 of my 3 requirements.
It has more detailed street level maps than the default Legend map and it
includes Anthem which is where I live.

The one thing it is lacking though is street level maps in Mexico...more
precisely Rocky Point.
My fiance and I go there at least twice a year and my current map falls off
the earth about 5 miles after the border.
The MapSource map has Mexico on it, but no detail of RockyPoint itself. I
can live with just having coords there, but some streets would be nice if I
could find such a map.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

--
Sincerely,
Matthew A. Shapiro (GC.com name: AZSonburnt)