[Az-Geocaching] Fixing Garmin GPSr

Jim Scotti jscotti at pirl.lpl.Arizona.EDU
Tue Jun 12 21:47:38 MST 2007

I had excellent results with having my old Legend repaired by Garmin years
ago, so I'd contact them first directly on their website to make
arrangements.  I don't suppose your unit is still under warranty - yeah,
probably not.  But I've heard others with good stories about their repairs as
well.

Jim.
(Team Scotti and a fellow Tucsonan, but alas the old Legend has been retired
in favor of a 60CSx)

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007, Team Nine Lives wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We've got a Garmin GPSmap60 with an injured off/on switch.  It's getting
> harder and harder to turn on and off.
>
> We've ordered a new unit, so now we can afford some downtime on the old
> one.  We'd like to get it fixed if possible, but now we are out of
> warranty.  What's our best option?  (We're in Tucson but I'd get it to the
> Phoenix area if that was the only way.)
>
> Brad & Deb
> Team Nine Lives

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan