[Az-Geocaching] Palm Tungsten E2 and Cachemate

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 8 10:32:07 MST 2006

All this technical mumbo jumbo makes my head hurt! When I go geocaching, I
just download the 'regular' caches (green cache icons) for 3 or 4 pages out
from my home coordinates (or wherever I am going caching) and drop them in
my GPS! Then, out the door! No need for cache page descriptions and such,
since all the caches in my GPS are regular caches anyways and I should find
something at the coordinates. Then, I just use the 'Sprocket 20 minute
rule'... if I dont find it in 20 minutes... move on to the next cache!!! ;)

Occasionally, I will just do a cut and paste of the cache page and drop it
into my Palm PDA as a 'memo' file if I want the cache page.

Every few days or once a week or whenever I feel like doing it, I just
update the waypoints in my GPS. I usually carry the GPS with me when I am
driving around town as there are usually always caches to be found (at least
in the Phoenix area).

I hear Team Evilfish still does cache page printouts and hand inputs them
into his GPS! :)  Which explains why there has been alot of forest
thinning/logging around the northland here lately! :) LOL

Scott
Team Ropingthewind