[Az-Geocaching] The History of Geocaching

Jake Olson jake.teamai at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 11:54:38 MST 2006

I'd have to disagree Scott...

I think the article provides newbies a pretty good idea of what can happen
if you think about rocking the Geocaching.com boat.

It gives a pretty concise history of the sport and doesn't hide or shrowd
the credit for who actually started the game, and who came in with a
"Business Plan".  How long did the Geocaching.com's version of the history
of the game refer to Dave Ulmer as "someone"?  Jeremy doesn't tollerate any
deviation from his vision of how the game should be played.  Yes, it's his
site, but without the contributions of every cacher on the planet, his site
wouldn't be what it is today.

I think the article point out that the business model Jeremy has been
working with, is seriously lacking a customer service department.  Many of
his actions have been done with his personal "adminstrator account", when
clearly a generic/non-personal account should be created for such actions.
The banning of accounts using a personalized administrator account leaves
the impression that someone is gloating.

Jake - Team A.I.