[Az-Geocaching] GPS Route Request

MEL HOCKWITT melhockwitt at msn.com
Sat Sep 2 13:17:08 MST 2006

Chris, Wild Burro Canyon was accessible from Rail X ranch road off of Oracle Rd (77) there is a few caches in the area (High Top Meadow, Have you lost your Marble, Maria's Plaything, Batamote Booty, Cachers Choice B and some others.  A problem with the trail now exists as someone has put a cable across the road with a lock.  They have bladed the road to gain better access.  You can hike to High Top Meadow from the locked cable but can't drive there anymore (by driving I mean a serious 4x4, lockers, 33" tires, lift) I drove the trail before the cable was put up and down to the second windmill, wanted to go further but some people in our group were not equipped so we turned back.  I then thought of gaining access from Moore Road by Dove Mountain - there are two caches just before Wild Burro Canyon on the east end (Alamosa Spring Trail I & II) when I explored that end it was not passable with my vehicle (Jeep Cherokee, 33" tires, lockers front & rear, 4.5" lift, winch, a very capable vehicle)   I do have tracks from Rail X Ranch road to the 2nd windmill and tracks leading to the other end of the canyon if you could use them.  There possibly is a way off Rail X Ranch road taking Cochie Canyon Road but I have not looked into it yet.
Hope this helps, let me know if you need further info.
Mel