[Az-Geocaching] Hmmm...

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 4 15:02:43 MST 2006

>From: Brian Casteel <bcasteel at uccinc.net>
>To: listserv at azgeocaching.com
>Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Hmmm...
>Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 12:34:35 -0600
>
>Yeah, I read that story, but thought it might have been a cover-up for
>the truth of the fire being caused by the flame from a hot air balloon
>inflation.

:) That would be difficult to cover up! It would probably be really big
news! We are very careful with our operations up here. We launch on a red
rock slab, so there is no vegetation under the equiptment. On landing, we
have the pilot lights shut off before we touch down to assure there can be
no flame to ignite the grass. The forest service will continue to allow us
to operate long after all other restrictions are in place. Although they
have shut down commercial operations on the forest before. So hopefully it
doesnt get to that this summer. I guess it depends on if there are any other
major fires around here. Sedona has been very fortunate to not have any
major fires in the area in recent years (as long as I have been coming up
here anyways). The forest is very thick in manzanita, pine and there is alot
of low grass underneath... right up to the edge of town and even into town.
There is no buffer really. Hopefully the monsoons will come soon and we can
look forward to some heavy rains. Sedona always gets some good rains during
the monsoon. Its just a matter of when that will start to happen.

Scott
Team Ropingthewind