[Az-Geocaching] Prescott Daily Courier Geocaching Article

AZcachemeister azcachemeister at getnet.com
Fri Jun 2 19:56:39 MST 2006

I think the article is straight-forward and even-handed.

It doesn't say "geocachers are tearing up our forests and wildernesses",
but only that there is the POSSIBILITY for such damage. We all know that
potential is a real one.
Certainly, Geocaching is becoming more and more visible to the general
populace, and our activity will be increasingly scrutinized in the
upcoming years.

There can be little doubt that poorly thought-out caches will be placed,
and that there will be occasional cases of bad judgment while hunting
caches. Our response to those issues (and others), as a community, will
determine how we are viewed by those who are outside, looking in.

This is why I am in favor of the formation of the ARIZONA GEOCACHING
GUILD (or whatever we choose to call it), to provide 'new cacher'
mentoring, unified media relations, and other benefits to the general
Geocaching community as a whole.