[Az-Geocaching] Sorry Brian

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 6 13:14:50 MST 2005

>From: Gale <sonoralovesmommy at yahoo.com>
>To: listserv at azgeocaching.com
>Subject: RE: [Az-Geocaching] Sorry Brian
>Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 12:39:06 -0700 (PDT)
>
>Even worse Brian, I heard a discussion on the water issue with that
>development. They do not >have the guarantee of water there. (Something
>about not being a part of the water district >where they have to prove 100
>yrs of water availability. They are in a water district where they can >get
>by with buying surplus water...which is non existent in a drought.) Now
>that is one area I >would not want to live in.

Yea, I would agree. I read about that the other day. I have been following
this for a couple of years now since I first heard about the prospect of
development out there. I have a beautiful untouched desert out there to fly
my balloon over... I hate to see it all developed. There is already a
developement going in on El Camino Viejo Rd near Queen Valley. The area in
question to the south or west of Hwy 60 is a serious fissure situation
waiting to happen. Look at all the homes that have been and are being built
south of Hwy 60 from say Ellsworth east to around Ironwood Rd. That area and
southward to Queen Creek has had many large fissures open up and consume
small pieces of property... it is just a matter of time before one big
enough consumes a freakin' home. I have seen fissures in that area well
before there were houses there and then they build there... what are they
thinking!? Greed all greed. Build em and the unsuspecting people will come.
Of course, if they come from California, they are use to large scale
disasters like earthquakes, flooding, landslides, forest fires and the like.
Perhaps a little fissure consuming their neighbors home wouldnt be anything
to be concerned about. :)  I think the area in question near Hwy 60 south of
Gold Canyon is in a similar situation. The water issue is just another
situation that will have to be delt with out there.

All in all, I think it will be a few years before we see much of anything
happening out there as there is alot of studies that will have to take
place. I think I read in 2006 will be the first large scale land auction for
the area.

I remember 10 years ago when I would be flying around out there in Apache
Junction and beyond and the skies were always very clean and visibility to
the mountains was excellent. Now there is often times a haze in the air. I
remember 10 years ago when I could look to the east from my home here in
Mesa (Val Vista/Southern) and see the Superstition Mountains as clear as can
be. The past couple of years, it is often too hazy to see them from here.

Scott
Team Ropingthewind