[Az-Geocaching] Forums

Brian Cluff brian at Snaptek.com
Sat Mar 26 14:53:49 MST 2005

Ken Bowley wrote:
> Forums can be useful for historical information, but I personally hate
> participating in forums, and generally end out ignoring them.  Email is
> something I deal with on a regular basis, so mailing lists fit in easily
> to my normal routine.

I couldn't agree more.  Forums tend to get ignored far more than they
get read, and only seem to work when you have extremely large audiences
to pull from.  We don't have the luxury of pulling in discussion from
thousands of people around the world.  We are just a couple of hundred
people in Arizona, most of which just lurk and never say a thing.
I would be willing to bet if we had setup a forum instead of a mailing
list, that AzGeocaching.com would probably not exist at all today,
mainly due to apparent lack of interest.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek