[Az-Geocaching] Travel Bug Question

Scott Sparks scottsparks1 at mchsi.com
Wed Mar 23 10:05:37 MST 2005

Debbie,
One reason may be because the owner of the cache that the bug is in may
not be aware that the bug that's supposed to be there is missing.
Another reason may be the cache owner may feel it's not his/her
responsibility.  Some people view TB's as just so much geo-trash.
Others live and die for TB's.  My suggestion, if it really bugs you,
would be a polite note to the cache and/or bug owner explaining the
situation like, ''I was at your cache and TB  #123456 is missing from
your cache.  Perhaps you would like to mark it missing.''    I suggest
that you do NOT take it upon yourself to become the TB Police and start
notifying owners about TB's in caches that you have never even visited
yourself.  People will get irritated by that and we already have (at
least) one TB Gestapo roaming around out there as it is.

-- Sprocket

P.S. I have to admit, I didn't know a cache owner could mark a TB as
missing from his/her cache until just now.   Thanks Brian.