[Az-Geocaching] Mo' bettah caches!

Scott Wood scott at myblueheaven.com
Mon Mar 7 22:43:21 MST 2005

At 10:36 PM 3/7/2005, you wrote:
>Thank you.  I'm still uncertain on my first question.  This doesn't
>match what is posted as placement guidelines on the official site.  Is
>there any way for me to know what these "new rules" are without posting
>a new cache and waiting for a reply.  It would be really helpful if the
>posted guidelines match those that are being enforced.

The posted rules have never really matched what is being enforced.  We have
a virtual cache in Idaho that is placed in a very special place that would
be completely inappropriate for a real cache, or even to be part of a
multi.  At the time of placement, the main guideline was that it should be
something that you might see in a coffee table book.  Our virtual HAS been
in atleast one coffee table book that I know of.  I still had to fight for
that cache as the approver just didn't seem to like it.  I exchanged emails
back and forth and finally got the cache approved.  It was an ordeal, but
everyone who has found that cache has really enjoyed it.