[Az-Geocaching] Searching Question

David Thompsen dthompsen at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 23 12:31:09 MST 2005

As far as I know, a pocket query is the only way to do this.   Geocaching doesn't typically allow for complex HTML searches -- in part, because they can lead to 'data mining' of the site; and also because you're essentially performing a complex sort on a very large database.

-=Dave, The Cow Spots

Damian Nichols <damiannichols at gmail.com> wrote:
Does anyone know...

Is there a way on the www.geocaching.com site to do an advanced "Search"...
For example I want to find JUST "traditional" caches that are
classified as "large" containers that are within xx miles of a certain
zip code.

I know you can do this in a pocket query... but is there any way to do
it in an html search so the results are simply returned to screen like
they are in a regular zip code search?

Damian
GeoCrazy
www.geocrazy.com