[Az-Geocaching] Geocaching: Team vs. Individual Statistics...

SSpackeen at aol.com SSpackeen at aol.com
Mon Feb 21 08:59:56 MST 2005

Speaking of "teams," any thoughts as to the merits of handling "team"
statistics separately from "individual" statistics...

As a solo cacher, I have personally turned every stone, printed every map,
driven every cul-de-sac, fetched every new battery, handled every trinket,
singed every log, etc.  Never had a second set of eyes.  Never had  someone find
caches for me while I was absent, never had someone else log  my finds on the
site.  Never had any assistance in finding my claims,  period.

Teamwork is easier!  I believe it is MUCH easier for teams to find a  given
set of 25 caches than for an individual to do so.

SO - I'd like to ask how other soloers out there feel about the  "pureness"
of team statistics as opposted to individual stats.

It's my contention that geocaching.com should separate users into two  groups
- teams and individuals.  Just make that part of the profile that is  visible
to registered users and might be an interesting comparison item for some
users...  Any thoughts?

[...SkooterMan...]

In a message dated 2/19/2005 5:33:43 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,