[Az-Geocaching] Question for the GPS Cachers

Brian Casteel bcasteel at uccinc.net
Mon Feb 21 08:18:01 MST 2005

You can download more than one mapset to the unit, in fact more than two.
The limitation presents itself based on the number of 'tiles' from each
mapset you want.  If you live in say, Denver, you have to contend with lots
and lots of Topo data, limiting the amount of data you can download from the
other mapsets. Here in Billings, you don't have all that much topographical
information, so you can get quite a bit of additional information from the
other mapsets.  I'm currently running Topo!, Roads&Rec and Metroguide.  As
soon as I get my hands on CitySelect, I'll probably drop one of the latter,
as the 60C allows street-level routing with that mapset.

If anyone is confused about how to choose between multiple mapsets for
download (specifically, the 60-series Garmin), then how to choose between
them once on the unit, drop me an e-mail and I'll help you out.

Brian
Team A.I.