[Az-Geocaching] RTW

Roping The Wind arizcowboy at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 10 08:32:16 MST 2005

>From: barry.neely at prudential.com
>To: listserv at azgeocaching.com
>Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] RTW
>Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 16:43:50 -0700
>

>You did good. I tried the bidding thing but it got high fast. And I had
>found the one on Amazon.com. The base set of maps that comes with the unit
>is not all that detailed. I have the Garmin mapping software, MapeSource
>Roads & Recreation and TOPO, and down load that and I have much better
>details. The down side is that they have not updated the road info in a
>while. So my street is not on it.  So that is why I am looking about. I
>want to do the AZT and someone create one that you need the national
>geographic topo software to use it. That I did buy on ebay and saved $20.
>They want $99 + tax in the store and I got it for $79 and $8 for shipping.
>Microsoft puts out Streets and Trips for only$25 or so. I have got to play
>with it a bit.

I found out something really cool the other day I never noticed before! I
was on Garmin's website and was checking out the demo of the Mapsource
MetroGuide. On the demo, you can click and zoom in to see the detail all the
way down to street level and such. It lets you see the software before you
buy it. Well, naturally, I zoomed in on Mesa, Arizona and then down to
street level to zoom in on my neighborhood. I wanted to see if all my
streets were on there. Well, not only where the streets on there... but
right at my address was a symbol and next to it:  'Roping The Wind Hot Air
Blln'.  Cool!!! Now I dont have to tell anyone the coordinates to my house
anymore! They can just search for me in their GPS! :) LOL

Scott
Team Ropingthewind