[Az-Geocaching] RTW & batteries

Robert & Linda Smith Lrsmith at cableone.net
Wed Feb 9 16:53:19 MST 2005

Rand,
I have to agree with Scott, If It Ain't Broke Don't Fix It, I have a
bunch (12 or more) rechargeables that I use in our GPSr's...  I have to
admit one thing however, I like the way the power condition meter reads
with AA better than my rechargeables.  I'm sure that is because the NiMH
batteries only measure 1.2 volts  instead of the 1.4 to 1.45 in the
AA's..  I can get a good day with my NiMH's in Mom's Garmin GPS12 or my
old Magellan Meridian Gold. I am really looking forward to using the 60C
and just 2 batteries.
Bob Smith, Team Petite Elite